Logo Project

The prompt for this project was to design a logo for a fictional company or organization of my choice using Adobe InDesign. The logo had to effectively convey the brand identity and values of the company. I considered the design's color scheme, typography, and symbolism. In addition, I explored different creative elements and techniques within Adobe InDesign and Illustrator to bring the logo to life.


Concept: My concept for the logo started with brand identity. I wanted to create a smartphone application that allowed users to social network based on their astrological compatibility. That is where the name "moony" came to life. Being the name of a playlist I had at the age of 12, I think that the name brought personal meaning as well as life to the brand I intended to create. After final thoughts and brainstorms I decided that for the logo, the name of this brand was to be illustrated solely out of astrological sign symbols. Since a lot of astrology signs (Virgo, Taurus, Pisces, etc.) all are represented by a symbol that is viewed similarly to letters, I constructed the name "moony" using that typography.


Construction: I used color theory to draft multiple iterations of how the design should look, while also including a crescent moon with bezier curvature to create a corresponding app logo that would represent the company. Here, you'll see my iterations and the construction of the design that was created solely in Illustrator.


Draft 1:





Draft 2:



Draft 3:


Final Draft:
As you can see, I went with a color scheme that is similar to a lot of space, astronomy, and galactical-related themes. The iterations produced were one of my first introductions to Adobe creative tools so I feel as though the intent and practice really allowed me to formulate constructive design and wireframing strategies. Thank you for checking out my work!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creative Coding

Print Menu