Virtual Avatars

My intent for this project was to create a self portrait of myself soley reliant upon 3D modeling and texture mapping in Maya, Unity, Unreal, and Photoshop. I wanted to be able to utilize skills developed in 3D imaging in VR to create an experience that can represent my exact features, but in a 3D digital world. My work was documented in Maya and produced to be made into an avatar that can be immersed into different visual scenes (see below). 

This project really boosted my ability to create user experiences that is introduced inito a virtual realm. With my research in AI and 3D interactive narratives, I was really interested in learning how to play around with different methods of designs so that UX creators, such as myself, can combine interface design with 3D immersive designs. Rendering and file compression allowed me to be introduced into an organized and patterned workflow that I have become accustomed to.


Self Portratit Virtual Avatar:






Self Portrait rendered in a Maya scene






Overall, I've really grown to enjoy the iterative process of ideation and prototyping. My workflow pipeline has been accompanied with my unique user design skills in order to solidify my understanding of what it means to be a creative technologists. These designs can easily be paired with UI or UX projects to create graphic experience for users that value life in a virtual space just as much if not more than a real one. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Logo Project

Creative Coding

Print Menu